I always consider tomatoes as my saviar. The best part is they are easily available, even in a corner shop. You don’t have to visit Asian store or any special store to buy them.
Umpteen number of dishes can be made from Tomatoes. It is a basic and key ingredients in most of the Indian curries.
My hubby’s favourite is this one!
- Medium sizes Tomatoes 15
- Grated Paneer (Indian Cheese) 1 Cup
- 1 big onion chopped
- Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Ginger Paste 1 tsp
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Coriander leaves 1 handful chopped
- Peanuts coarsely powdered 1/4 cup
- Chilli Powder 2 tsp or to taste
- Coriander Powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Wash and cut the small upper part of Tomatoes.
- Remove the inner part of tomatoes with a spoon and purée it. Add grated Paneer to make stuffing.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add in onions and sauté Add Garlic ginger paste and chopped chilli. Fry for a minute. Take this mixture out in the plate of stuffing.
- Add all other ingredients except and oil and cumin seeds to make stuffing.
- Stuff the tomatoes one by one.
- Heat Oil in a kadhai or a big pan and put cumin seeds when the oil is ready for tadaka.
- Place all the stuffed tomatoes in the pan now. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with Chapati /Paratha or Rice.