Weather is changing and soon we will be back to dark and colder nights. In this weather Soup is warming comfort food. I dont look forward to the Winter but I do look forward to these light, healthy and easy suppers!
This one is made of Butter nut squash and celery with little hint of Indian spice.
Here is the recipe!
- Medium size Butternut Squash chopped into cubes
- 3-4 celery sticks chopped
- 1 medium garlic pod chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 green chilli /1 red chilli optional
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Single cream
- 1 cup vegetable stock (optional)
- Warm a large sauce pan with olive oil. Add Cinnamon stick, onions and sauté till translucent.
- Then, add chopped garlic ,chilli if using, and chopped celery and cook for a minute.
- Add in Butternut squash. Add Veg Stock and water to cover all the ingredients.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth. If too thick, add a bit of water.
- Add single cream. and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with Cream and coriander.
Serve hot with nice soft Roll.